Monday, November 16, 2009

The first 24 hours



Wow... first European travel experience!
Up Sunday morning at 2:15 at the airport by 3:30 then on a plane for a 6am flight to Chicago (where I tried to stay awake, somewhat unsuccessfully)
We had a lengthy lay-over in Chicago and it is one of my favorite places in the world (so far) so Molly and I took the train into town for a quick trip to some favorite spots. The American Girl store on Michigan Ave, Giordano's Pizza, couple of cab rides, Millenium park, then back to the airport. As you can see, my ongoing fascination with "the bean" continues.
It was a whirlwind trip!
This is my favorite pic from the day...

Then on another plane for an 8 hour flight to Paris. I found myself absolutely unnerved flying over the water- a wee bit freaked, so I forced myself to sleep for that part of the flight, rather than watch all the different things available on a personal screen in front of me, or the multitude of french vocab/historylessons I should have been listening to.
But we made it!
We rode the subway to our hotel, took a quick walk to the Arc du Triumph, had lunch at a bistro- had trouble knowing what to order.... again, should have spent time with my French lessons but split some great pasta and then to our hotel, the cutest thing ever for a long nap! That's 24 hours.

Posting things from here is s l o w so I will likely only do a couple pics a day for our travel blog. I will post more at my facebook page.
Bonjour!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Super jealous of your trip! But happy I get to live through your blog and FB updates! Keep them coming!