Monday, June 29, 2009

17 June 2009

This morning our team led devos in the morning and then headed back to the Habitat house. It was SO very exciting to see the progress other teams had made and to work today and nearly finish the whole floor.

Honestly, today I’ve been learning to relax and take it easy- even when you work. The heat and humidity here are tough. It’s very common it seems, for people to take turns, to take breaks, to watch others work while you rest. Before the trip I was honestly concerned about how our team would do with varying degrees of energy/work ethic etc. But I’m learning… life isn’t just about getting a task done. I know. That’s enough disclosure for today.

I’m excited to be working with a team of students to program and produce a Young People’s service tomorrow. And, tonight we’ll attend a midweek service at the Pentecostal church near us. I’m very excited for worship tonight and to see how the students react. We’ve been encouraged to share a testimony, so have spent the day thinking about what all of ours might be. Everyone has one… even you! What would you share?

No comments: