Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Flipping Coins

I'm a firm believer that there is good and bad to most everything human, a good side and a bad side of the coin.

This morning I saw that in action...
My father's cancer is affecting his hearing. He can no longer understand my brother when he calls. But I am notorious for a loud voice and he can still hear me. So, after years of being too loud and told to use my inside voice or to stop yelling on the phone, I'm happy this is the voice God gave me.

Here's another example.
I pretty much hate changes in ministry leadership- over time I've seen God's hand in these and know that they are all part of how God continues to move us in to roles where we can more effectively connect people to him. But, I still hate them.
An example, in my time at Sunset there have been several Minister of Operations at Sunset. I loved them all... seriously. Off the top of my head... Bruce, Blair, Pep, Matt, Sally (sorry if I forgot someone) and now we have Mike the Mayor. In his short time here I have really come to love his presence in the office, his laughter and leadership. Before he came to town we heard that he was the Mayor of a small town, he sent me this link today announcing his resignation as Mayor of Antigo Wisconsin
Orygone... love that!
the bad news is that people leave, the good news is that others come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, you got them all. It's been a long, long journey. --Colin

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I will ever get over people I love leaving. It is awesome when people come like Mike, but at the same time, my heart still aches for Matt, and others in my life who have gone places other than in my near geography. Hate the bad side of the coin.
Jay