Saturday, August 8, 2009

Leadership Summit 09

The past two days I attended the Leadership Summit. Most of you know that this event has been formative in my ministry life and that I look forward to it every year. This year our church decided not to be a host site for the Summit. This was deeply disappointing to me originally but we worked through it and some other possibilities came my way, which couldn't have happened if I was producing it on site.

Originally i had planned to travel to Chicago for the week of the Summit, to be in the room, part of the Global Summit meetings and to meet with the team from Belgium where I will serve this fall, but after some thought and prayer I decided instead to stay home with our team and to attend at the Portland site, East Hill, in Gresham.

There were definitely a couple of moments where I wished I was "in the room" in Chicago- the opening, during Wess Stafford's talk... but overall I believe I made the best choice, to stay home- to attend with our team and hopefully move forward in to the next season of ministry together with this shared challenge and experience.

I have little/no idea how to put my thoughts/learnings together but will post them here in case any of you are interested.
You CAN purchase your own copy of the Team Edition of the Summit DVDS here. Before ordering check with your church- you may be a WCA church and can receive the discount.

No comments: