A Leadership Case Study: Jessica Jackley and the KIVA Story
Jessica Jackley (Interview with Jim Mellado)
- We believe in the value of co creation, informational diversity.
- “Is herding cats a bad thing?”
- We say no to things against our mission even if they seem good.
- Great poets don’t show, they tell.
- “ I hope that fear doesn’t prevent us from staying nimble”
- Don’t be afraid to start small, to focus and serve one community very well
- A dream team includes vets and younger people. Vets should allow the younger people to name the challenges and even more, define the solutions.
These interviews with people who are doing it, have become a highlight for me each year. Absolutely loved Jessica's enthusiasm, focus, and what she and her team are doing. Here's a clip about KIVA in case you dont know about them.